Dealing with machines gets difficult sometimes and many questions arise in our minds while working with new features. Self-cleaning ovens make the strenuous task of oven cleaning really easy, but people feel confused while using it as it creates a lot of smoke and gets supper hot and often creates smell which makes people uncomfortable and confused. The user’s manual also seems confusing sometimes not being able to solve the mystery in our minds. This blog will inform you about the easy and best way to clean a self-cleaning oven.
HOW DOES SELF-CLEANING OVEN WORK?
Many ovens have an inbuilt self-cleaning feature with a pyrolytic function. Self-cleaning ovens have a pyrolytic coating inside of the oven which enables the oven to self-clean. It allows the oven to heat up which leads to burning any food residue left making it easier to wipe later on. The self-cleaning ovens save you from the arduous task of scrubbing leftover food residues and dirt. Self-cleaning ovens provide you the easiest and best way to clean the oven with just at the touch of a button. It allows the oven to heat to 480 °C turning dust and remaining food residue into dust, which you can later on wipe easily.
CAN I CLEAN SELF-CLEANING OVEN BY HAND?
The self-cleaning feature is really convenient, time-saving and is considered the easiest way to clean an oven. Cleaning self-cleaning ovens manually might not be a very good idea, as it can damage the pyrolytic sheet which will reduce the efficiency of its self-cleaning feature. You should also avoid using any sort of commercial cleaner on a self-clean oven as it can damage the enamel coating.
WAYS TO CLEAN-SELF CLEANING OVEN:
In Self-cleaning ovens. The self-cleaning feature does a really good job in removing grease and grime from the oven but still if you don’t want to use that feature, here are some easy ways to clean your self-cleaning oven manually:
- Remove all the removable parts and racks to clean them manually using liquid soap and a sponge.
- Wipe them dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- After that oven from outside using a sponge, and warm water with a washing liquid to remove any kind of dirt.
- Wipe it dry with a clean cloth.
To clean grease from inside you can use lemons or citrus oil as it is a natural degreaser, it loosens up grease so you can easily wipe it. Use 2-3 lemons and 1/3 cup water in the oven, heat your oven to 250 º for 25-30 minutes. Once it is cooled down, scrub and dry it.
Another way is to use soap water to get rid of stains and after that dry it with a clean cloth or paper towel.
Baking soda is really effective in removing stubborn stains. Make a mixture of ¾ cup baking soda, a ¼ cup of warm water. Mix it well. Apply paste inside and leave it overnight. Scrape off the paste in the morning and wipe out with a towel.
If nothing seems to work you can add vinegar into your baking soda mixture and allow it to bubble for 20-25 minutes then gently scrub to remove grease and stains.
So these are some easy ways to clean the oven if you want to avoid the self-cleaning option but these can also be more time taking and laborious than a self-cleaning feature.
METHOD OF USING SELF-CLEANING FEATURE TO CLEAN OVEN:
- Before you start cleaning, make sure to disconnect your oven from the electric supply.
- If you have recently used it, allow it to cook down.
- Once it is cooled down, carefully remove all the removable parts like racks and trays.
- Clean racks and trays yourself using liquid soap and sponge and dry them with a clean cloth.
- After cleaning removable parts, clean the control panel with the damp cloth and wipe it until it is clean and dry.
- Once you are done cleaning the control panel and removable parts, you are ready to start with the self-cleaning feature.
- Your oven will heat up to 480°C to burn all the dust and grease, it might also produce odour and smoke so it is better to avoid going near it.
- Once the cycle is complete, wait to let it cool down.
- When it is cool, wear your gloves and use water and vinegar solution to wipe the dust from the oven.
- After you are done with removing dust, lift individual pieces of the glass door. Usually, inner glass is removable for cleaning purposes, you can carefully remove it and clean it.
- Once you are done fix the glass carefully back.
Every oven is different that’s why what works for one, might not work for another oven. Most self-cleaning ovens heat up to approximately the same temperature so the almost same method and safety precautions are needed to follow.
If you want help from a professional oven cleaning service, we provide a reliable oven cleaning service in Sheffield, cleaning every corner of it without using dangerous chemicals.